An experienced construction attorney can minimize the delay of legal action and protect your business from potentially catastrophic costs.
A specialized boutique firm, Scotti Law Group focuses on Construction Law & Litigation. David’s unique law and litigation experience is augmented with a support team dedicated to achieving the client’s goals. Because of their experience and focus, clients receive the direct, agile attention of seasoned experts without the overhead and bureaucracy of a big-box firm.
Meet the Team
David A. Scotti
- Trusted attorney since 1985
- $500+ million in construction and design contracts drafted
- Defense of EPC Contractor against a $300 million delay claim by a major steel producer
- Sole Construction Attorney for Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh for 10 years
- AAA Arbitrator since 1990, Mediator since 1994
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law – Governing Committee, Past Chairman of the Contracts Documents Division
- AIA/Master Builder’s Association Joint Committee, over 20 years
- PA Super Lawyer
- Graduate of Johns Hopkins University and University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Jacob B. Mellor
- 5 years of construction and commercial litigation experience
- Experience representing architects, engineers, contractors and owners, ranging from small firms to multi-national companies
- Experience reviewing and advising clients on construction contracts and other agreements
- Experience at all stages of litigation, including pre-suit planning, discovery and depositions
- Experience in arbitrations and mediations
- Member of Pennsylvania and West Virginia Bar
- Graduate of Duquesne University School of Law
- 13 years of construction, commercial and real estate experience
- Experience includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in construction litigation, residential and commercial real estate matters, handling contract disputes, contract drafting, negotiation and review, entity formation, lease preparation and negotiations, and general real estate consulting services.
- Graduated from Johns Hopkins University
- Graduated Florida Coastal School of Law.
- Member of the Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member of Pennsylvania and Florida Bar.
- Licensed real estate sales agent
Scotti Law Group has practiced construction, commercial, and real estate law in Pittsburgh for more than 35 years.
Contact us for a consultation.
David Scotti was asked to present at the ACBA's presentation on Managing Manufactured System Risk in Construction Law. Follow the…
The AIA A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction (“A201”) is one of the most commonly used contract documents…